August 13, 2015

Christmas Stockings

It's been on my list for 3 years, but I finally made Christmas stockings! 


And, because I'm pregnant and crazy right now, I made a few extras. You know, just in case!

I couldn't find a pattern that I loved completely, so I drew a template on cardstock and used that. Growing up, my mom made us really big, chunky stockings and I loved it that way. I followed the instructions for putting in a lining and cuff on the Cluck Cluck Sew blog (lots of good stuff there). I used fabric from my stash and had fun choosing different scrappy combos. In my mind there are very distinct "boy" and "girl" stockings here, though both my husband and mother say they're all girly. I'm not sorry at all. I mean, if you can't use ric rac at Christmas, when can you!?

It feels great to have these done and to know that maybe, just maybe, 
I won't have to make any more ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment