January 13, 2015

Shortcake Quilt

 This was a quilt-along I participated in last fall. We followed the Cluck Cluck Sew pattern "Shortcake", and I did mine out of citrusy colors from my stash. This pattern comes together very quickly, especially if you use Jelly Roll. (I obviously didn't since I used various different lines.)



 Since I don't have a little girl at my house, I was going to put this one in my shop, but my sweet Mama snagged it before I could even do so. She loves quilts, but hates quilting, so we have a rather mutually beneficial relationship :) I assumed she was going to save it for the next granddaughter that came along, but was thrilled to discover that she placed it on a brand new Jenny Lind crib in a spare room in her house, along with another quilt made by me. She's now ready for visiting grandbabies of either gender, and in the cutest way, if I do say so myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment